Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Stuff and things!

someone recently complained that i dont post here enough. and no i dont, main reason being as of yet, i see no point to it as either very few people comment or all they say is, "thats nice" or "i like how you did such and such!"

now praise is great of course, but at this time im tired of it. i see lots of problems with my stuff and i know its there, my problem is fixing them sometimes and seeing the things i didnt even notice. SO, ill post, with this stipulation. if yer looking at it, feel free to comment and say whatever you dont like about it. you can say it looks good and all that but please let me know what bothers you about it. it helps me loads to hear feedback like that so please give me your input and opinon. even if you feel your opinon isn't "right" or whatever. just give it anyway, theres no harm in it and it'll help me grow as an artist because you, regardless of who you are, are the viewer of my art. even if you dont know shit about art, if something seems off and you can AT ALL pin point it thats something thats useful for me to know.

my job as an artist as far as im concerened is to grow and develop, and more over get a reaction of some form from my viewer, hopefully tho, the reaction im aiming for.

so yeah, comment damnit, whoever you are!

ALSO! go to this blog cause its gonna be awesome.

itcamefromthecubicle.blogspot.com



2 Comments:

Blogger José A. Rivas said...

Dan,

it sucks, it all sucks...

is that what you wanted to hear? :-)


Alright, being rious now; I think that the cowboy needs to show more of a struggle to hold the weight of the box. Think of the parts that are bearing the weight and how he's managed to balance it so he doesnt fall.

The other drawings are alright; the poses are still lacking unity. Even if the proportions of your characters are to be distorted, they must fit. I think the upper body of the guy in the right specially seems disjointed from its lower part. Perhaps if you are to redraw these with a couple of lines (just general lines to define the gesture and its rythym) you might be able to obtain stronger looking poses.


Keep it up for you got only two choices, keep drawing or stop drawing. The latter one would be a waste.


See ya around

8:34 PM  
Blogger Dano said...

hah, thanks jose! very nicely stated!

imma try that few lines idea since you're correct about my stuff not having unity.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home